Please donate to Children's Hospital on Friday afternoon or Mass. General Hospital on Saturday! Find us for signup (walk-ins welcome!) in the lobby near the elevators. The Bloodmobiles will be parked on D Street at the bottom of the escalators. Donor Hours:
- Friday, 12:30p-7:30p for Childrens' Hospital
You can make a reservation in advance: (Strongly recommended!)
- Saturday 9am–5pm for Mass General Hospital
You can make a reservation with MGH.
Please note our expanded donor hours! Arisians' reliable past generosity justifies more staff and resources again this year!
Note also that both Children's and MGH have successfully updated their donor screening protocols to be consistent with the December 2015 FDA update to deferral status for men who've had sex with other men. No longer a lifetime deferral, both institutions must still require a donor to defer donating for one year since their last such sexual encounter.
Thank you, Arisia! During Arisia first decade of blood drives, we donated a total of 834 units of blood to Children's Hospital and MGH in January after January. Massachusetts General Hospital and the Children's Hospital of Boston are both delighted by your generosity! Our second decade is off to a great start with last year's 116 units. Let's do it again! If you can plan ahead, please contact us at @email to make an appointment in advance. Appointments aren't necessary, they just help the MGH and CHB crews to deliver on their promise of a half-hour turnaround time for donors. We'll be signing donors up all during the drive on Friday and Saturday for the next available appointment time.
The Heinlein Society
Not a donor? No problem! Volunteer to help the donors have an enjoyable experience! Give a smile, a word of thanks, or hold the other hand for a new donor. Join the ranks of the Naughty Nurses on LiveJournal! You, too, can "Pay it Forward!" @email
Massachusetts General Laws allow 16 year old donors to donate blood with parental permission.
- Arisia '17
Friday: Children's had 58 donors who gave a total of 48 units.
Saturday: MGH had 70 donors who gave a total of 61 units.
- Arisia '16, 146 presenting, 36 deferred, 110 units collected
Friday: Children's had 64 present to donate, deferred 19, and were delighted to have 45 successful.
Saturday: MGH says 82 people presented, 17 were temporarily deferred, so a total of 65 people actually donated blood to them.
- At Arisia'14 145 presenting, 116 units collected,
- At Arisia'13: Total for the weekend - 113 units. Pretty good for being in the middle of a flu epidemic.
Saturday 71 presenting - 63 units collected.
Sunday 75 presenting - 50 units collected.
- At Arisia'12, you donated 120 pints.
- At Arisia'11, you donated 124 pints.
- At Arisia'10, 101 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'09, 138 people showed up and 103 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'08, 68 people showed up and 60 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'07, 67 people showed up and 57 pints were collected.
- At Arisia'06, 48 advance appointments became 65 people presenting to donate and 61 actually donating.
- at Arisia'05, (during the Blizzard of ’05) fans donated 48 pints of blood.
- At Arisia'04, fans donated 37 units, a wonderful surprise for a first time venue!