- Our participation process
- How to be a good panelist
- How to be a good moderator
- How to use Zambia
- Participation for professionals
- Participatory music information
- Help us brainstorm for next year
Arisia Programming consists of over 400 hours of panels and workshops each year. This requires a lot of talented individuals to brainstorm, organize, schedule, and participate - over 350 people on average.
If you would like to learn more about how to join the team as a Program Participant, you can read how and fill out our Program Participation form. For Arisia 2022, please fill out the online form.
We compensate our talent in the following ways:
- Memberships: If you are selected for three panels you get a complimentary weekend membership. If you are selected for one or two panels you get a complimentary day memberships for the days of each panel, with the option to upgrade to a full weekend membership at a discounted rate.
- Green Room: We take pride in our Green Room, which serves three meals daily and snacks throughout the convention. This hospitality suite is limited to Program, Event, and Gaming Participants and Arisia Staff.
If you are selected as a panelist, we have a few handy guides to help you navigate our process. We use a custom scheduling tool called Zambia. Here’s our How to Use Zambia. Check out the Panelist FAQ as well.
As much as we would like to, we can’t guarantee panel assignments. Even the most awesome and talented panelist may not get their most favored assignment due to a wide variety of variables.
Programming is run from the Program Nexus, in the Executive Board Room on the Mezzanine.
In the Nexus there are staff available to help Program Participants solve last-minute issues, take sign-ups for workshops, and perform other Program-related administrative tasks. Track managers and senior Programming staff have office hours here throughout the convention. If you are a participant, after you pick up your badge at Registration, make sure to stop by the Nexus to pick up your participant packet!